Sipwise is on the search for Perl Web Developers around Vienna!
- Sipwise develops and integrates highly-available and scalable telephony systems based on open-source software (and releases lots of its software as open-source).
- Our platforms are deployed at top-tier ISPs all over Europe, serving hundreds of thousands of customers each.
- We are an extremely dedicated team with a strong professional start-up culture, aiming to reshape the telecommunication market.
About the Job
- You will heavily extend our provisioning and monitoring systems and make the changes visible via the administrative and customer self-care panels, as well as the SOAP and XMLRPC interfaces.
- Analyse and optimise the usability of the web interfaces.
- Review and improve database access and performance metrics.
- Work closely with Sipwise developers and people in the open-source community to enhance system maintenance work-flows.
- Keep track of leading edge technologies and approaches to improve management of the Sipwise platforms.
- Write maintainable configurations and code with extensive test coverage in a professional engineering environment using version control (GIT/SVN) and following staged packaging, installation and release cycles.
- Troubleshoot and fix customer issues in various deployments.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing object-oriented Perl and web applications under Linux/UNIX systems.
- A strong background in computer science. You understand the fundamentals of networking and operating systems.
- Love to make an impact in a collaborative and enthusiastic teams.
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written form, English and a second language.
- Fluent German in speaking and writing.
- You’ve worked with VoIP systems.
- You’ve contributed to open-source projects.
- Formal theoretical background (BSc., MSc., …)
- Experience with Debian GNU/Linux, MySQL, Apache, Redis, jQuery and Perl Catalyst.
- Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work-days and office hours.
- Smartphones and Laptops.
- Biiiiiig screens. More if you need.
- Vienna, the world’s most livable city! (according to the Mercer 2010 Quality of Living Survey)
Send your detailed application including your CV/resume, engineering interests and experience, and why you would like to work with Sipwise to email@example.com
Please use PDF and/or Open Document Formats for your documents. Sipwise does not accept recruitment agency resumes. Please send your applications only to the contact address specified above. Sipwise is not responsible for any direct or indirect fees related to submitted applications.