- Sipwise develops and integrates highly-available and scalable telephony systems based on open-source software (and releases lots of its software as open-source).
- Our platforms are deployed at top-tier ISPs all over Europe, serving hundreds of thousands of customers each.
- We are an extremely dedicated team with a strong professional start-up culture, aiming to reshape the telecommunication market.
About the Job
- You will implement efficient and secure call routing features, leveraging technologies like IPv6 and TLS.
- Optimize mechanisms against fraud and DOS attacks on SIP level.
- Make calls flow in large-scale systems over geographically distributed components.
- Work closely with Sipwise developers and people in the open-source community to build new features and optimize existing onces.
- Keep track of leading edge technologies and approaches to improve the Sipwise platforms.
- Write maintainable configurations and code with extensive test coverage in a professional engineering environment using version control (GIT/SVN) and following staged packaging, installation and release cycles.
- Troubleshoot and fix customer issues in various deployments.
- Think out the box, meet with others at conferences both nationally and internationally.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience building and maintaining VoIP deployments.
- A strong foundation in telecommunications and computer science. You understand the fundamentals of both packet-switched and circuit-switched networks and you are familiar with the concepts of operating systems.
- Obsessed about large scale VoIP platforms, both on boxed systems as well as cloud environments.
- Fluent in SIP, RTP, T.38 with a deep understanding of Kamailio and complementary SIP systems like Asterisk and SEMS.
- Love to make an impact in collaborative and enthusiastic teams.
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written form, English and a second language.
- Fluent German in speaking and writing.
- You’ve built large-scale VoIP systems.
- You’ve contributed to open-source VoIP projects.
- You’re familiar with the Sipwise sip:provider CE platform.
- Formal theoretical background (BSc., MSc., …)
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work-days and office hours.
- Smartphones and Laptops.
- Biiiiiig screens. More if you need.
- Vienna, the world’s most livable city! (according to the Mercer 2010 Quality of Living Survey)
Send your detailed application including your CV/resume, engineering interests and experience, and why you would like to work with Sipwise to: email@example.com
Please use PDF and/or Open Document Formats for your documents. Sipwise does not accept recruitment agency resumes. Please send your applications only to the contact address specified above. Sipwise is not responsible for any direct or indirect fees related to submitted applications.