Cloud PBX! 12 reasons for virtualizing business PBX.
IP-based phone- and Cloud PBX-systems are increasingly becoming the new communications standard for business telephony. Virtualizing business PBX enables many advantages for companies, enterprises and service operators alike.
What is a Cloud PBX?
A Cloud PBX, also known as hosted PBX, is a business phone system that runs over an internet connection using VoIP (Voice over IP). You don’t need to have Private Branch Exchange (PBX) equipment in your location — all the functionalities of your on-premise PBX are now delivered over the Internet as SaaS (Software as a Service) from a VoIP-provider’s data center.
Cloud-based telephone systems require no analog telephone lines – merely an Internet connection with sufficient bandwidth and VoIP-capable end devices such as computers, smartphones and IP-desktop phones (e.g. Alcatel-Lucent, SNOM, Cisco,..).
In Internet telephony, analog voice signals are converted into digital data packets and transmitted over an IP network. The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a network protocol that is responsible for establishing and terminating connections – just imagine a handshake between two communication devices.
In fact when you are virtualizing your telephone system, you gain access to numerous innovative functions, such as “Fixed Mobile Convergence”.
This function enables integration of employee smartphones into the cloud telephone system, therefore allowing to use their smartphones as full extensions. Hence every employee has only one number regardless of whether they are in the office or working remotely!
9 tremendous advantages of Cloud-/Hosted-PBX for businesses.
- Cost savings! Compared to on-premise systems hosted PBXs incur lower costs, as there is no need for separate installation, operation and maintenance on the customer’s side.
- Remote business! You can connect your business telephone numbers from different locations via a mobile app. Outgoing and incoming calls, voicemail, call transfers and more are all accessible remotely – that means more flexibility for your employees and better customer service in the long run!
- Focus on your core competencies! You don’t need to allocate IT staff to maintain and service the phone system. With the Cloud PBX admin web interface, you can configure your PBX yourself. There is no need for expensive external telephony experts, or in-house specialists anymore.
- Scale up anytime you want! No more bottlenecks – cloud telephone systems can be expanded at any time. In most cases, a call to your VoIP- service provider is all it takes to get new licenses, connections and lines.
- Connect your locations! Locations with Internet access can be connected easily and more cost-effectively. Even your project staff and employees who work from home can be easily integrated into your virtual PBX.
- Continue to use your favorite PBX functions! Call forwarding, busy-lamp field or ring calls – with a Cloud-PBX, you can keep the important functions of your on-premise PBX effortlessly.
- Many new functions! Most online telephone systems include more than 150 functions and thus far exceed the range of functions of a classic telephone system. From mail notifications to FAX services via your computer desktop, you can access numerous innovative and practical features that your conventional telephone system cannot offer.
- Excellent call and voice quality! Impeccable audio quality is ensured with voice coding and proven codecs.
- Enhanced Security! Cloud PBX systems protect even better against unauthorized access! IP whitelisting, call profiles with destination blocking and encryption features provide state-of-the-art IT-security. Beyond that, VoIP providers usually host their services in highly professional and secure data centers.
Why do Telecommunications providers need to offer virtual PBX solutions to their business clients?
Business phone systems are essential office equipment and therefore rarely switched . In many ways, the most common feeling towards replacing PBX is „never change a winning team“. In fact, it’s generally big events such as major personnel changes, company relocation or expansion or mergers that trigger adjustments to the telephone system. Still, the key driver for changing telephone systems are expiring maintenance contracts. Companies tend to think about alternatives. Are their other solutions available? Should I stick with my current telephony service provider?
As a telecommunications company, you must be able to offer your customers state-of-the-art telephony services in this crucial phase.
3 reasons for offering Cloud PBX services to your B2B customers.
- Stay competitive: On-premise PBX will soon reach End-Of-Life! Studies in the DACH region indicate that a third of companies have already switched to virtual PBX and there are more to follow. As a telecommunications provider, deploying VoIP-PBX is essential if you want to stay competitive.
- Enhance customer loyalty/reduce CHURN-rate: Offer your B2B customers a compelling range of unified communications features: Smartphone integration through fixed-mobile convergence, PBX compatibility with CRM tools, music on hold and much more.
- Become a technology leader: Position your telecom company as an innovator, be first and dominate your market.
Telecom companies need a carrier grade VoIP-infrastructure platform from a highly professional vendor. Want to know more about Sipwise CPBX?- Our Cloud PBX Module to the Sipwise C5 Softswitch. Read more here or contact us.
Sipwise’s unified communication platforms are targeted at fixed, converged and wireless service providers supporting a variety of access technologies like mobile radio, Cable, xDSL, FTTx, WiFi and WiMAX. With years of expertise in VoIP and UC solutions, Sipwise works with clients all over the world and is supporting over 60 commercial deployments by MNOs, MVNOs, Telcos, cable network providers, utilities and “Over-the-Top”- operators.
For more information, please visit https://www.sipwise.com.